Why we love detergent soap
WAKE UP, did you know that the skin is the largest organ of the body.
- The rich foaming lather on the skin
- leaves you feeling refreshed and smelling nice throughout the day
- your skin feels squeaky clean
Why detergent soap is not recommended to clean the face
- soap leaves a layer of residue or "soap scum" all over the skin after washing that leaves the skin feeling tight and dry
- soap contains harsh ingredients that can be detrimental to the skin
- using soap can increase water loss to the skin, fighting it's ability to maintain a moisturized state
- over time the scum left behind can actually damage the outer layer of the skin leaving it itchy, dry and red.
So now you are probably thinking " What am I going to wash my face with?"
Put the detergent soap behind you and opt for something more gentle. Facial cleansers remove dirt, makeup, dead skin cells, and more. Cleansers are customized to your skin type and some even carry additional ingredients to help combat acne,wrinkles and dull skin. So now you are actually treating the skin condition and getting results in return. A facial cleanser can come in a variety of different forms.
Seasons change and when they do your skin can change as well. Hormones change too. Don't give up hope and think it's not working. Just switch things up and use a different cleanser. You don't have to go out and buy all different kinds of cleansers for every season. Go to a well known spa, department store or natural food store. Ask me or another professional. Some drug stores have beauty specialist that can help you. Tell them what you want! Don't let them sway you into buying the most expensive cleanser filled with some diamond bull crap or bird poop. Tell them what using now and how your face feels and reacts. Ask for samples I LOVE SAMPLES !! Ask to try it on. Be bold it's your skin. If you like how it feels buy it. Most cleansers range from $8.00-$30.00 depending on the brand, if it's medical grade (from a medical spa or dermatologist) or from your local pharmacy. So, "Ditch the Soap" and move on to a nice facial cleanser. Happy skin!!
- Foaming cleansers - best for normal to combination skin types
- Creamy - best for dry skin types
- Gel - best for oily and combination skin types
- Gentle free from fragrance - best for sensitive skin types